Suspect hits officer's car after short chase
HOUSTON -- Police say a suspect hit an officer's car after a short chase in east Houston overnight.
Police tried to pull over a car near Fidelity and North Carolina around 12:30am. The driver refused to stop and turned down De Haven Street, which was a dead end.
The officer got out of his patrol car and pulled his gun, ordering the suspect to surrender.
"The suspect refused these commands and reversed his vehicle, turned it around in a driveway and attempted to drive around the officer's vehicle," said Sgt. Javier Tapias with the Houston Police Department. "But in doing so, he struck the right front quarter of the officer's patrol vehicle."
The officer was not hurt. The suspect crashed into a ditch and was taken into custody. He will be charged with assault of a police officer and felony evading.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development 39 min ago
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- City of Fresno to hire 8 people to help...
50 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos