Fresno taxi driver chases thief who stole his cab
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An accused car thief got something he didn't expect when he took off in a taxi cab -- a chase.
The incident ended near Safford and Bellaire, in Central Fresno, when the cab crashed through a fence and into someone's front yard. The taxi cab owner says the chase started a few blocks away, when his cab was stolen from a 7-11.
As the accused thief drove away, the owner and a friend took off after him -- weaving through a neighborhood before the car was crashed. "I guess he didn't expect that we would follow him and that we would call police. He was thinking maybe it would take a long time to find him. I don't know what he was thinking," said Muhammed Siddiki.
After the crash the suspect, who hasn't been identified, took off. Officers caught up with him a little while later.
Siddiki says he did leave his keys in the car.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, auto theft, crimetracker, local
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 48 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos