Robbers hit T-Mobile store just north of downtown
HOUSTON -- Robbers hit a cell phone store just north of downtown Friday, and police say it may be connected to other robberies.
This latest robbery was at a T-Mobile store on Fulton near Boundary. Detectives say the suspects tried to rob a Radio Shack and when that didn't work somehow, they showed up at the T-Mobile store.
At around 2:30pm, Houston police say three men carrying pistols and wearing bandanas over their faces walked into the Radio Shack in the 1900 block of Taylor Street, but police say when the employees saw the armed suspects coming through the door, workers ran out the back door.
Police say the suspects then jumped into a blue newer model minivan and fled.
According to investigators, the same three suspects switched vehicles before showing up at the T-Mobile store in the 2400 block of Fulton Street.
"The word from the employees here is that the three suspects wearing hoodies, bandanas, armed with guns came into this location and requested cell phones and cash. They fled from this location in a white Infiniti," said HPD Investigator Kathy Richards.
The suspects are believed to be in their early 30s.
Police are out searching for the three armed robbers. If you have any information in this case, you are urged to call Houston police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, samica knight
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos