Thieves steal hundreds of gallons of fuel in Fort Bend County
HOUSTON -- Fort Bend County detectives are asking for the public's help identifying the suspect(s) who stole hundreds of gallons of fuel from two rural properties earlier this month.
Detectives say both thefts happened between noon January 3 and 1pm on January 4 at two adjacent tracts off Smithers Lake Road and FM 762.
Detectives say during the first break-in, the suspects emptied a diesel storage tank of approximately 600 gallons of fuel and stole the pump on the tank. They also broke into a storage facility and stole a chainsaw and a generator.
The second victim also had about 100 gallons of diesel fuel stolen from a storage tank, as well as a fuel pump with the victim's name painted on it.
In both cases, two sets of tracks were found, indicating the thieves had a trailer.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS(8477). Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspects involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos