Thieves steal hundreds of gallons of fuel in Fort Bend County
HOUSTON -- Fort Bend County detectives are asking for the public's help identifying the suspect(s) who stole hundreds of gallons of fuel from two rural properties earlier this month.
Detectives say both thefts happened between noon January 3 and 1pm on January 4 at two adjacent tracts off Smithers Lake Road and FM 762.
Detectives say during the first break-in, the suspects emptied a diesel storage tank of approximately 600 gallons of fuel and stole the pump on the tank. They also broke into a storage facility and stole a chainsaw and a generator.
The second victim also had about 100 gallons of diesel fuel stolen from a storage tank, as well as a fuel pump with the victim's name painted on it.
In both cases, two sets of tracks were found, indicating the thieves had a trailer.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS(8477). Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspects involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 14 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 49 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery