Fresno man shows his car featured on TV show
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man has bragging rights after having his car featured on a national TV show, and Saturday he gave admirers a chance to check it out.
Jeff Gangwish owns Shinbone Alley Exotic Paint Shop in East Central Fresno. Saturday he showed off the 1986 Corvette he built from the ground up on Speed network's "Car Warriors" last April.
Producers from the show reached out to Gangwish to turn a junkyard Corvette into a showpiece car in 48 hours. Gangwish took the challenge, and won.
"I didn't think it couldn't be done. I thought when I saw the show I thought 'it's all cameras, it's all this, it's that you know,' but its not. It's absolutely real and tiring," said Gangwish.
He said the hardest part of the competition was the lack of sleep and not being familiar with the layout of the shop. But he said he would do it again to be able to represent Fresno on the show.
fresno, fresno east central, fresno county, television, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings