Starbucks employees help improve Valley animal shelter
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of abandoned animals have a nicer place to stay now, thanks to several Starbucks employees and their families.
Volunteers spent the day working at the Sofia Adoption Center and Training Facility. They installed a new fence, helped with landscaping, and cleaned up the property.
The adoption center is run by the Animal Compassion Team (ACT), which is a non-profit organization that relies solely on volunteers. Staff members say they and the animals are extremely thankful for the Fresno and Clovis Starbucks employees who came out to help on Saturday.
The Animal Compassion Team is also excited to announce it now owns the shelter. ACT was leasing the property, but just days ago the Fresno Humane Solution donated the building to the non-profit.
fresno, fresno county, animal, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 14 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident