Starbucks employees help improve Valley animal shelter
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of abandoned animals have a nicer place to stay now, thanks to several Starbucks employees and their families.
Volunteers spent the day working at the Sofia Adoption Center and Training Facility. They installed a new fence, helped with landscaping, and cleaned up the property.
The adoption center is run by the Animal Compassion Team (ACT), which is a non-profit organization that relies solely on volunteers. Staff members say they and the animals are extremely thankful for the Fresno and Clovis Starbucks employees who came out to help on Saturday.
The Animal Compassion Team is also excited to announce it now owns the shelter. ACT was leasing the property, but just days ago the Fresno Humane Solution donated the building to the non-profit.
fresno, fresno county, animal, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos