Starbucks employees help improve Valley animal shelter
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of abandoned animals have a nicer place to stay now, thanks to several Starbucks employees and their families.
Volunteers spent the day working at the Sofia Adoption Center and Training Facility. They installed a new fence, helped with landscaping, and cleaned up the property.
The adoption center is run by the Animal Compassion Team (ACT), which is a non-profit organization that relies solely on volunteers. Staff members say they and the animals are extremely thankful for the Fresno and Clovis Starbucks employees who came out to help on Saturday.
The Animal Compassion Team is also excited to announce it now owns the shelter. ACT was leasing the property, but just days ago the Fresno Humane Solution donated the building to the non-profit.
fresno, fresno county, animal, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 34 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 14 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Accuweather Forecast
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos