Second suspect in jail for Madera Co Lotto scratcher heist
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera County Sheriff's Deputies say 51-year-old Robert Leroy Cave turned himself in to Fresno authorities late Friday night.
Investigators say surveillance video captured Cave and 32-year-old Christopher Nunn cashing in stolen scratchers at a Fresno convenience store in November. The scratchers were taken from the 22 Mile House in Madera County. Surveillance video also captured that crime in action.
Deputies recently identified the suspects, and discovered Nunn was already in jail on unrelated charges. Cave told detectives he turned himself in because he couldn't take the heat following media coverage of the heist. The story received more than 3,700 views on the ABC30.com website alone.
Investigators say both suspects are members of a Fresno-based white supremacy group that's been tied to burglaries and home invasion robberies. Authorities are still searching for a third suspect.
madera, madera county, theft, crimetracker, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos