HPD: Driver runs over intoxicated man passed out near SW Houston apartment entrance
HOUSTON -- A man was killed after he was run over by a car in southwest Houston, and police say the victim may have been intoxicated.
According to investigators, it appears the victim passed out at the entrance to the Fairfield Trails Apartments on Westbrae Parkway near South Gessner.
A driver was pulling into the complex around 10pm Friday and ran over the man. Police say the driver didn't see him.
The victim did not live at the apartment complex. He has not been identified, but police say he was about 50 years old.
The driver is not expected to face any charges for the accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting 36 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 40 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 7 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD...
40 min ago