Fresno man arrested after deadly hit and run
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The accident happened just after 8 a.m. Sunday on Highway 41 at Adams Avenue.
The CHP said 28-year-old Jamie Cruz was driving too fast on the highway in foggy conditions, and didn't stop in time for a red light at Adams. He hit the brakes, but slid into a Honda Accord crossing through the intersection.
The impact killed a 60-year-old passenger in the Honda and caused major injuries to the driver, Jesus Vega. Investigator say Cruz drove away from the scene, but they later arrested him at a store in the area.
fresno, fresno county, hit and run, easton, fowler, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years