Fresno man arrested after deadly hit and run
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The accident happened just after 8 a.m. Sunday on Highway 41 at Adams Avenue.
The CHP said 28-year-old Jamie Cruz was driving too fast on the highway in foggy conditions, and didn't stop in time for a red light at Adams. He hit the brakes, but slid into a Honda Accord crossing through the intersection.
The impact killed a 60-year-old passenger in the Honda and caused major injuries to the driver, Jesus Vega. Investigator say Cruz drove away from the scene, but they later arrested him at a store in the area.
fresno, fresno county, hit and run, easton, fowler, local
- 7.5 earthquake strikes Mexico 7 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos