Fresno man arrested after deadly hit and run
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The accident happened just after 8 a.m. Sunday on Highway 41 at Adams Avenue.
The CHP said 28-year-old Jamie Cruz was driving too fast on the highway in foggy conditions, and didn't stop in time for a red light at Adams. He hit the brakes, but slid into a Honda Accord crossing through the intersection.
The impact killed a 60-year-old passenger in the Honda and caused major injuries to the driver, Jesus Vega. Investigator say Cruz drove away from the scene, but they later arrested him at a store in the area.
fresno, fresno county, hit and run, easton, fowler, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 2 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path 17 min ago
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case