Fresno man arrested after deadly hit and run
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The accident happened just after 8 a.m. Sunday on Highway 41 at Adams Avenue.
The CHP said 28-year-old Jamie Cruz was driving too fast on the highway in foggy conditions, and didn't stop in time for a red light at Adams. He hit the brakes, but slid into a Honda Accord crossing through the intersection.
The impact killed a 60-year-old passenger in the Honda and caused major injuries to the driver, Jesus Vega. Investigator say Cruz drove away from the scene, but they later arrested him at a store in the area.
fresno, fresno county, hit and run, easton, fowler, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder 55 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks