Busted at Best Buy
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say two employees from a South Valley store stole thousands in electronics.
Visalia police arrested two Best Buy employees Saturday night. The two 23-year-old men were turned in by their bosses.
Visalia police say the total of what was taken is estimated to be more than $20,000. Once the investigation began, police say they found the stolen items at four different locations in Corcoran.
Jose Paz was arrested still wearing his signature blue Best Buy uniform shirt in a photo released by Visalia police. The other suspect, Mayank Patel, was still wearing his 'Geek Squad' shirt.
Police say the pair had been stealing from Best Buy for about three weeks. Officers were called last night by the Best Buy Loss Prevention Department. Investigators recovered some of the merchandise, including several computers along with accessories, camera lenses, and a big screen television.
Police say the two suspects were cooperative with detectives and lead officers to the stolen items. Both men have been released on bond.
visalia, corcoran, tulare county, kings county, theft, local, rick montanez
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 33 min ago
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- California farmers to get more water 6 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Photos: Easter traditions explained