Elmo released, goes to foster home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An abandoned pit bull puppy with a severe skin infection is showing signs of improvement.
Action News first introduced you to Elmo on Friday. Employees at Elaine's Pet Resort found the three month old tied to a fence in East Central Fresno on Thursday.
Doctors diagnosed Elmo with a serious inflammatory skin disease. But we've learned he was well enough to leave the vet and go to a foster home. We are told he's been eating, playing, and seems happy.
Donations have been pouring in to help him, and at least three people have already filled out applications to adopt Elmo once he's healthy enough.
fresno, fresno county, animal, local
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 27 min ago
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- World leaders, South Africans honor Nelson...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos