Elmo released, goes to foster home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An abandoned pit bull puppy with a severe skin infection is showing signs of improvement.
Action News first introduced you to Elmo on Friday. Employees at Elaine's Pet Resort found the three month old tied to a fence in East Central Fresno on Thursday.
Doctors diagnosed Elmo with a serious inflammatory skin disease. But we've learned he was well enough to leave the vet and go to a foster home. We are told he's been eating, playing, and seems happy.
Donations have been pouring in to help him, and at least three people have already filled out applications to adopt Elmo once he's healthy enough.
fresno, fresno county, animal, local
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos