4 injured after big rig crashes into van on HWY 41
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four people are recovering following a big rig accident that caused a big mess in Fresno County on Saturday.
A big rig landed on its side and spilled chicken feed Highway 41. The CHP said the big rig failed to stop at a light on Highway 41 near Elkhorn Avenue. He crashed into a van carrying seven people. Four of them had minor to moderate injuries. The driver of the big rig was not hurt.
Officers say it's not clear yet why he ran the red light.
"The only thing we can tell at this point is possibly inattention, but we're not sure what that's attributed to at this point," said Sgt. Joseph Bianchi, CHP.
Most of the wreckage ended up on the shoulder of Highway 41, so it did not have a major impact on traffic in the area.
fresno county, riverdale, caruthers, accident, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos