Man killed in big rig hit and run on HWY 99
TRAVER, Calif. (KFSN) -- One man is dead after a fatal hit and run crash along Highway 99 near Traver. It happened before 6 am on the southbound lane of Highway 99. At this time the California Highway Patrol is looking for a semi truck that left the scene.
According to the CHP, the vehicle was carrying a total of eight people when it had mechanical issues and pulled off to the side. The man exited the driver's side and was struck by an oncoming semi, which fled the scene.
The incident is under investigation by the CHP. Traffic has been reduced to one lane and is moving along slowly.
traver, tulare county, hit and run, accident, local, amanda venegas
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago