Man killed in big rig hit and run on HWY 99
TRAVER, Calif. (KFSN) -- One man is dead after a fatal hit and run crash along Highway 99 near Traver. It happened before 6 am on the southbound lane of Highway 99. At this time the California Highway Patrol is looking for a semi truck that left the scene.
According to the CHP, the vehicle was carrying a total of eight people when it had mechanical issues and pulled off to the side. The man exited the driver's side and was struck by an oncoming semi, which fled the scene.
The incident is under investigation by the CHP. Traffic has been reduced to one lane and is moving along slowly.
traver, tulare county, hit and run, accident, local, amanda venegas
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members