Man killed in big rig hit and run on HWY 99
TRAVER, Calif. (KFSN) -- One man is dead after a fatal hit and run crash along Highway 99 near Traver. It happened before 6 am on the southbound lane of Highway 99. At this time the California Highway Patrol is looking for a semi truck that left the scene.
According to the CHP, the vehicle was carrying a total of eight people when it had mechanical issues and pulled off to the side. The man exited the driver's side and was struck by an oncoming semi, which fled the scene.
The incident is under investigation by the CHP. Traffic has been reduced to one lane and is moving along slowly.
traver, tulare county, hit and run, accident, local, amanda venegas
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors 20 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 26 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 19 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos