Fresno dad suing CPS for his son's death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A local man is suing Fresno County's child protection program over the death of his ten-year-old son.
Trial proceedings began Tuesday. Seth Ireland was beaten and killed by his mother's boyfriend four years ago.
Now, Seth's father is charging the county with failing to protect his son.
According to the lawsuit, Joseph Hudson accuses county social workers of doing nothing to stop the violence they knew was happening.
Jury selection will begin by the end of the week. Hudson is seeking an undisclosed amount of money for damages.
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash 32 min ago
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building 36 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week