Fresno dad suing CPS for his son's death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A local man is suing Fresno County's child protection program over the death of his ten-year-old son.
Trial proceedings began Tuesday. Seth Ireland was beaten and killed by his mother's boyfriend four years ago.
Now, Seth's father is charging the county with failing to protect his son.
According to the lawsuit, Joseph Hudson accuses county social workers of doing nothing to stop the violence they knew was happening.
Jury selection will begin by the end of the week. Hudson is seeking an undisclosed amount of money for damages.
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms 36 min ago
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather 54 min ago
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville 47 min ago
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- Valley utility workers gear up for...
57 min ago
- Sanger citrus grower combat freezing...
36 min ago
- History of snow in Fresno
41 min ago