Fresno dad suing CPS for his son's death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A local man is suing Fresno County's child protection program over the death of his ten-year-old son.
Trial proceedings began Tuesday. Seth Ireland was beaten and killed by his mother's boyfriend four years ago.
Now, Seth's father is charging the county with failing to protect his son.
According to the lawsuit, Joseph Hudson accuses county social workers of doing nothing to stop the violence they knew was happening.
Jury selection will begin by the end of the week. Hudson is seeking an undisclosed amount of money for damages.
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos