Fresno firefighter injured after falling through floor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno firefighter is recovering after he was injured on the job.
Crews were called to a building on Blackstone and Floradora around 11:15 p.m. Wednesday. When they arrive, smoke and fire was coming from both floors.
After the fire was under control, firefighters went inside, and that's when the second story floor gave way.
"There was a hole in the floor covered by some sheetrock from a previous fire and one of our fire captains stepped through the sheetrock and went half way through the floor to his chest," said Chuck Tobias, Fresno Fire Department.
The injured firefighter has not been identified. Officials say he received some injuries to his knee and torso, and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center to be checked out.
Investigators say the building is abandoned and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fresno, fresno county, fresno central, fire, local
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president 1 min ago
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers