Investigators searching for arsonist in west-side apartment complex fire
HOUSTON -- Arson investigators are searching for the person who set fire to an apartment complex on the west side.
It happened Wednesday afternoon at the Meadows of the Views apartments on Dairy Ashford near Westheimer.
Witnesses saw someone throw something -- possibly a Molotov cocktail -- onto a balcony of an apartment and flames erupted.
About 60 firefighters responded and had the blaze out within about 15 minutes, but not before it heavily damaged two apartments and caused smoke and water damage to at least six others.
"One of the police cars seen the smoke, he patrols this area and he comes responding immediately and he was approached by serveral people saying that they had seen some people actually throw something on the balcony of this apartment," Houston Fire Department Spokesman Jay Evans said.
No one was hurt. So far, no arrests in the case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region