West Goshen without water after wells fail
GOSHEN, Calif. (KFSN) -- Residents of West Goshen say they are dealing with a water crisis after their wells failed.
The community of West Goshen is located just west of Visalia in Tulare County. The West Goshen Mutual Water Company says that both the town's main and backup wells failed. That caused the 40 year old pumps to suck up sand and be damaged.
The water company says it is working on a temporary fix to get water flowing to frustrated residents.
The water company says that the long term solution will be to drill new wells and replace the old pumps but they have been struggling to get loans and grants for the project. They say that until the problem can be fixed they will provide bottled water to residents and are working to get portable toilets delivered.
tulare county, visalia, tulare, goshen, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 50 min ago
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF 50 min ago
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases 48 min ago
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos