West Goshen without water after wells fail
GOSHEN, Calif. (KFSN) -- Residents of West Goshen say they are dealing with a water crisis after their wells failed.
The community of West Goshen is located just west of Visalia in Tulare County. The West Goshen Mutual Water Company says that both the town's main and backup wells failed. That caused the 40 year old pumps to suck up sand and be damaged.
The water company says it is working on a temporary fix to get water flowing to frustrated residents.
The water company says that the long term solution will be to drill new wells and replace the old pumps but they have been struggling to get loans and grants for the project. They say that until the problem can be fixed they will provide bottled water to residents and are working to get portable toilets delivered.
tulare county, visalia, tulare, goshen, local
- The Red Wave hits the road 19 min ago
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl game losing streak 36 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- 'Dogs get chance to break bowl game losing...
38 min ago
- Fresno State football fans gear up for the...
44 min ago
- Bulldog Cadillac greats Fresno State fans...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos