Inmate found dead at Corcoran State Prison
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators at California State Prison-Corcoran and the Kings County District Attorney's office are investigating the death of an inmate as a homicide.
Delbert Miller, 69, was found unresponsive in his cell Thursday morning and was pronounced dead a short time later. Investigators identified Miller's cellmate, 20-year-old Kyle Osborn, as the suspect.
Osborn has been moved to a segregation unit.
Miller had been sentenced to 81-years-to-life for a murder in Humboldt County in 2008. He had also had a prior conviction regarding the rape of a minor.
Osborn had been convicted of sex acts with a child under 14, as well as burglary and robbery charges in 2009.
corcoran, corcoran state prison, kings county, homicide, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 14 min ago
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance
- Photos: Easter traditions explained