Inmate found dead at Corcoran State Prison
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators at California State Prison-Corcoran and the Kings County District Attorney's office are investigating the death of an inmate as a homicide.
Delbert Miller, 69, was found unresponsive in his cell Thursday morning and was pronounced dead a short time later. Investigators identified Miller's cellmate, 20-year-old Kyle Osborn, as the suspect.
Osborn has been moved to a segregation unit.
Miller had been sentenced to 81-years-to-life for a murder in Humboldt County in 2008. He had also had a prior conviction regarding the rape of a minor.
Osborn had been convicted of sex acts with a child under 14, as well as burglary and robbery charges in 2009.
corcoran, corcoran state prison, kings county, homicide, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals