Tulare County Sheriff's investigate deadly Pixley shooting
PIXLEY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Yellow evidence markers detail the crime scene at a tow yard in Pixley. Detectives spent hours investigating the scene, even following tire tracks left in the mud.
Yellow evidence markers detail the crime scene at a tow yard in Pixley. Detectives spent hours investigating the scene, even following tire tracks left in the mud.
Tulare County Sheriff's officials are releasing few details about what happened on the corner of Main Street and Compton Avenue in Pixley shortly after 3:00 p.m. Thursday. So far they say there was an argument, then shots were fired at the victim from a car. The driver of the car then sped away before deputies could respond.
One neighbor, who asked not to be identified, heard the gunshots. She said deputies were at the property a lot. She and other neighbors said victim runs a tow yard and lives on the property -- but they suspect he was doing other work. "There are a lot of cops around and stuff happening. But nobody can prove anything whether it's drug related or anything."
The neighbor said the victim's girlfriend was home and saw what happened.
Neighbor Jesus Ramirez said he is grateful his family wasn't home when at the time of the shooting. "I got little kids, a little boy and a little girl. Imagine they would have shot him at a different angle and some bullets would have come straight over to my house. It was a bad situation."
Investigators have not released the identity of the victim or the suspect. The incident is still under investigation. Anyone with is asked to contact the Tulare County Sheriff's Office at (800) 808-0488.
pixley, tulare county, shooting, homicide, local, rick montanez
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals