Tulare County Sheriff's investigate deadly Pixley shooting
PIXLEY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Yellow evidence markers detail the crime scene at a tow yard in Pixley. Detectives spent hours investigating the scene, even following tire tracks left in the mud.
Yellow evidence markers detail the crime scene at a tow yard in Pixley. Detectives spent hours investigating the scene, even following tire tracks left in the mud.
Tulare County Sheriff's officials are releasing few details about what happened on the corner of Main Street and Compton Avenue in Pixley shortly after 3:00 p.m. Thursday. So far they say there was an argument, then shots were fired at the victim from a car. The driver of the car then sped away before deputies could respond.
One neighbor, who asked not to be identified, heard the gunshots. She said deputies were at the property a lot. She and other neighbors said victim runs a tow yard and lives on the property -- but they suspect he was doing other work. "There are a lot of cops around and stuff happening. But nobody can prove anything whether it's drug related or anything."
The neighbor said the victim's girlfriend was home and saw what happened.
Neighbor Jesus Ramirez said he is grateful his family wasn't home when at the time of the shooting. "I got little kids, a little boy and a little girl. Imagine they would have shot him at a different angle and some bullets would have come straight over to my house. It was a bad situation."
Investigators have not released the identity of the victim or the suspect. The incident is still under investigation. Anyone with is asked to contact the Tulare County Sheriff's Office at (800) 808-0488.
pixley, tulare county, shooting, homicide, local, rick montanez
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos