Alcohol suspected in wreck involving fire truck, car in SE Houston
HOUSTON -- Authorities believe alcohol was a factor in a southeast Houston wreck involving a fire truck.
It happened around 9:30pm Thursday on Broadway at Cypress, as a fire truck was responding to an emergency call.
Police say the fire truck was traveling southbound on Broadway when a woman driving a Chevy Malibu going westbound on Cypress ran a stop sign. The fire truck then sideswiped the woman's car.
No one was injured in the wreck, but the woman was arrested under suspicion of drinking and driving.
There was just minor damage to the bumper of the fire truck, and significant damage to the car.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 32 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network