Garbage truck strikes bridge on Southwest Freeway-West Loop overpass
HOUSTON -- A garbage truck struck an exit ramp overpass and lost its load this morning.
A little after 2:30 this morning, the truck going northbound on the Southwest Freeway was taking the exit to the West Loop northbound when the truck clipped the overpass. The truck then crashed on the exit ramp, causing damage to the concrete barrier.
The truck's load then fell off the ramp and landed onto a grassy area below the overpass.
Crews say the damage to the bridge is minor and will not affect traffic. The displaced load also will not affect traffic.
The accident was cleared shortly before 6am
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment 8 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- 2 Dems challenge Rep incumbent in Valley congressional race 39 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Photos: Pictures show killer spared at the gallows
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Photos: Easter traditions explained