Garbage truck strikes bridge on Southwest Freeway-West Loop overpass
HOUSTON -- A garbage truck struck an exit ramp overpass and lost its load this morning.
A little after 2:30 this morning, the truck going northbound on the Southwest Freeway was taking the exit to the West Loop northbound when the truck clipped the overpass. The truck then crashed on the exit ramp, causing damage to the concrete barrier.
The truck's load then fell off the ramp and landed onto a grassy area below the overpass.
Crews say the damage to the bridge is minor and will not affect traffic. The displaced load also will not affect traffic.
The accident was cleared shortly before 6am
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera 46 min ago
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter 31 min ago
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover