HISD: 'Vague threat' directed towards Bellaire High School; police patrols increased
BELLAIRE, TX -- Bellaire High School students saw an increased police presence at their campus this morning after an alleged threat.
HISD says a "vague threat" was received in reference to Bellaire High, and as a precautionary measure, extra patrols were added at the school. The district says the school is not in lockdown.
Bellaire police tell Eyewitness News they heard about an anticipated gang drive-by shooting on Saturday and increased police at the school. Police say the threat is insubstantiated.
As of now, HISD says no alerts, letters or messages are being sent out, but parents have been showing up at the school to get more information.
The district did not say how the threat was received nor who sent the threat.
We'll bring you more details as they come into the newsroom.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 38 min ago
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF 38 min ago
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases 36 min ago
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
36 min ago
- Traffic flowing through "Braided Ramps"
51 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos