HISD: 'Vague threat' directed towards Bellaire High School; police patrols increased
BELLAIRE, TX -- Bellaire High School students saw an increased police presence at their campus this morning after an alleged threat.
HISD says a "vague threat" was received in reference to Bellaire High, and as a precautionary measure, extra patrols were added at the school. The district says the school is not in lockdown.
Bellaire police tell Eyewitness News they heard about an anticipated gang drive-by shooting on Saturday and increased police at the school. Police say the threat is insubstantiated.
As of now, HISD says no alerts, letters or messages are being sent out, but parents have been showing up at the school to get more information.
The district did not say how the threat was received nor who sent the threat.
We'll bring you more details as they come into the newsroom.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera 8 min ago
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal 37 min ago
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi 56 min ago
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement