Personalized license plate names Houston, Texans and Rockets to be auctioned tonight
HOUSTON -- Houston, the Rockets, the Texans and even the Dynamo are all going on the auction block tonight.
The well-known names are all up for grabs at the 2013 Great Plate auction. The highest bidder will own the official Texas license plate for 10 years and have first dibs on renewing it after that.
Plates sold during the auction are transferable, meaning the winner has the right to resell the plate.
The first Great Plate auction in 2011 resulted in the most expensive license plate ever sold -- FERRARI went for $15,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season 17 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident