Arrest made in murder of woman found dead at Pearland apartment complex
PEARLAND, TX -- An arrest has been made in the murder investigation of a 19-year-old woman found fatally stabbed in Pearland earlier this month.
Niare Lyte was arrested Thursday morning and charged with murder. The arrest comes after Jazmin Miller was found dead January 7 at the St. Andrews apartment complex in the 1000 block of Broadway Street. Investigators say she had been stabbed multiple times.
After an investigation, a warrant was issued for Lyte on Thursday and she was subsequently arrested.
Lyte is currently in the Brazoria County Jail in lieu of a $250,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
56 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos