Tower District receives new businesses
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Business is booming in Fresno's Tower District as a number of new places are opening.
Cuvee, a new wine and spirit lounge is opening in the Tower District. The owners here say they want to bring new business to the Tower District, and the local neighborhood and customers to know they'll be protected.
Kyal Hamilton says the main goal is to bring new people to the Tower District and remind people about the possibilities in Central Fresno.
Christy-Lynn Orozco of Neighborhood Watch said, "We have new businesses opening, so the tower's doing good."
For the past three months the neighborhood watch has gained steam-continued their round-the-clock patrols and continued making sure the people who come here and the people who live here stay safe.
"It's going great, we've recovered stolen cars, things we've called PD on, people lurking in shadows, checking car doors to see if they're locked, prostitution in vacant homes for rent or for sale," Orozco said.
She says they're driving the bad element out, making room for new businesses and new customers. They are hoping to add new members to their neighborhood watch.
"We're still a small dedicated group of people we're looking to get our next patrol training class, there's been some hold up there we've been waiting for that date since last year," Orozco said.
She's hoping that date will come soon so their group can continue their efforts.
Neighborhood watch is looking for new members.
Just head to our website ABC30.com and click 'see it on TV.'
fresno, fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 22 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms 7 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 4 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos