Fresno Chaffee Zoo Orangutan predicts Super Bowl winner
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you haven't made your pick for who will win the Super Bowl next weekend one animal at the Chaffee Zoo may be able to help.
Today visitors watched as Saibu the orangutan made her pick between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens.
A specially decorated Super Bowl box with blankets from each team was put in her enclosure and when Siabu spotted it, she immediately went to check it out.
Lead mammal keeper Sarah Shearer said, "It's a lot like if you come home and there's a new box in your living room you'd be curious and you'd go straight to it and open it and find out what it is you'd kinda drop everything else and wonder what's in this box."
Siabu picked the 49ers to take the title this year.
This is the fourth year the zoo has had Siabu pick a Super Bowl winner and she's been right two thirds of the time in past years.
fresno, fresno county, chaffee zoo, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 51 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week