Fresno Chaffee Zoo Orangutan predicts Super Bowl winner
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you haven't made your pick for who will win the Super Bowl next weekend one animal at the Chaffee Zoo may be able to help.
Today visitors watched as Saibu the orangutan made her pick between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens.
A specially decorated Super Bowl box with blankets from each team was put in her enclosure and when Siabu spotted it, she immediately went to check it out.
Lead mammal keeper Sarah Shearer said, "It's a lot like if you come home and there's a new box in your living room you'd be curious and you'd go straight to it and open it and find out what it is you'd kinda drop everything else and wonder what's in this box."
Siabu picked the 49ers to take the title this year.
This is the fourth year the zoo has had Siabu pick a Super Bowl winner and she's been right two thirds of the time in past years.
fresno, fresno county, chaffee zoo, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- Accuweather Forecast
5 min ago