Starbucks helps with Fresno blood drives
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Flu outbreak has been taking a toll on blood banks nationwide with so many sick people unable to donate.
Starbucks is helping with blood drives; by offering each person who donates gets a free drink.
Several valley residents showed up to one of their blood drives in Clovis today.
The Starbucks at Herndon and Willow Avenue puts on these drives every three months.
Organizers say the turnout is improving as more customers become aware of the need and the extra incentive for donating.
Starbucks Store Manager Travis Leach said, "We started out with our first blood drive with 16 or 17 donors, and it's just gone up from there. We average about 20 to 25 pints, per each blood drive that we do."
The next blood drive at this Starbucks location is scheduled for Sunday, April 28th.
fresno, fresno county, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley 55 min ago
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition 20 min ago
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations