Starbucks helps with Fresno blood drives
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Flu outbreak has been taking a toll on blood banks nationwide with so many sick people unable to donate.
Starbucks is helping with blood drives; by offering each person who donates gets a free drink.
Several valley residents showed up to one of their blood drives in Clovis today.
The Starbucks at Herndon and Willow Avenue puts on these drives every three months.
Organizers say the turnout is improving as more customers become aware of the need and the extra incentive for donating.
Starbucks Store Manager Travis Leach said, "We started out with our first blood drive with 16 or 17 donors, and it's just gone up from there. We average about 20 to 25 pints, per each blood drive that we do."
The next blood drive at this Starbucks location is scheduled for Sunday, April 28th.
fresno, fresno county, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery 11 min ago
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos