Starbucks helps with Fresno blood drives
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Flu outbreak has been taking a toll on blood banks nationwide with so many sick people unable to donate.
Starbucks is helping with blood drives; by offering each person who donates gets a free drink.
Several valley residents showed up to one of their blood drives in Clovis today.
The Starbucks at Herndon and Willow Avenue puts on these drives every three months.
Organizers say the turnout is improving as more customers become aware of the need and the extra incentive for donating.
Starbucks Store Manager Travis Leach said, "We started out with our first blood drive with 16 or 17 donors, and it's just gone up from there. We average about 20 to 25 pints, per each blood drive that we do."
The next blood drive at this Starbucks location is scheduled for Sunday, April 28th.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball! 17 min ago
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured 53 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles 40 min ago
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment 55 min ago
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos