Starbucks helps with Fresno blood drives
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Flu outbreak has been taking a toll on blood banks nationwide with so many sick people unable to donate.
Starbucks is helping with blood drives; by offering each person who donates gets a free drink.
Several valley residents showed up to one of their blood drives in Clovis today.
The Starbucks at Herndon and Willow Avenue puts on these drives every three months.
Organizers say the turnout is improving as more customers become aware of the need and the extra incentive for donating.
Starbucks Store Manager Travis Leach said, "We started out with our first blood drive with 16 or 17 donors, and it's just gone up from there. We average about 20 to 25 pints, per each blood drive that we do."
The next blood drive at this Starbucks location is scheduled for Sunday, April 28th.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos