Police search of suspect in East Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police say a woman in her 50's was shot in her Central Fresno apartment on Hedges near Recreation Avenue just before 5 pm.
The shooting is being treated as a homicide because the victim has died.
Neighbors said they heard as many as eight shot from what sounded like a high-powered gun.
Police say it's not clear if the woman was the intended target of the shooting or whether the shooter was driving or walking by her home.
Police say she was rushed to the hospital where she later died.
Neighbor Rebecca Zaarour said, "This area is not really good. A lot of times things happen like this, the police are here."
Police are still looking for witnesses to come forward to help them catch the shooter.
fresno, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, fresno central, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos