Police search of suspect in East Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police say a woman in her 50's was shot in her Central Fresno apartment on Hedges near Recreation Avenue just before 5 pm.
The shooting is being treated as a homicide because the victim has died.
Neighbors said they heard as many as eight shot from what sounded like a high-powered gun.
Police say it's not clear if the woman was the intended target of the shooting or whether the shooter was driving or walking by her home.
Police say she was rushed to the hospital where she later died.
Neighbor Rebecca Zaarour said, "This area is not really good. A lot of times things happen like this, the police are here."
Police are still looking for witnesses to come forward to help them catch the shooter.
fresno, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, fresno central, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos