Police search of suspect in East Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police say a woman in her 50's was shot in her Central Fresno apartment on Hedges near Recreation Avenue just before 5 pm.
The shooting is being treated as a homicide because the victim has died.
Neighbors said they heard as many as eight shot from what sounded like a high-powered gun.
Police say it's not clear if the woman was the intended target of the shooting or whether the shooter was driving or walking by her home.
Police say she was rushed to the hospital where she later died.
Neighbor Rebecca Zaarour said, "This area is not really good. A lot of times things happen like this, the police are here."
Police are still looking for witnesses to come forward to help them catch the shooter.
fresno, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, fresno central, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 47 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos