Police search of suspect in East Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police say a woman in her 50's was shot in her Central Fresno apartment on Hedges near Recreation Avenue just before 5 pm.
The shooting is being treated as a homicide because the victim has died.
Neighbors said they heard as many as eight shot from what sounded like a high-powered gun.
Police say it's not clear if the woman was the intended target of the shooting or whether the shooter was driving or walking by her home.
Police say she was rushed to the hospital where she later died.
Neighbor Rebecca Zaarour said, "This area is not really good. A lot of times things happen like this, the police are here."
Police are still looking for witnesses to come forward to help them catch the shooter.
fresno, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, fresno central, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer 28 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos