Oakhurst restaurant closes after 29 years
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A long-time restaurant in Oakhurst will be closing its doors this week.
After nearly 29 years in business Ruth and Bob Hillyard, the owners of the Ol' Kettle say they're retiring.
The restaurant has been at the same location on Highway 41 for the last 24 years.
It will close on Wednesday, but the Hillyards say they've sold the space to Denny's, which is scheduled to open the first week of May.
economy, oakhurst, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 39 min ago
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder 13 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos