Native Houstonian found tied, dead in NYC apartment
HOUSTON -- A native Houstonian has been found killed in his apartment in New York City.
Charles Romo's housekeeper found him dead in his bed. The 48-year-old's hands had been tied. His face was covered in blood and a plastic bag was placed over his head.
Officers don't know what led up to his murder, but they are now reviewing surveillance video to see if they can see the killer.
Romo was originally from Houston and had not lived in his apartment in New York's Hamilton Heights neighborhood for long.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
new york city, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 52 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
56 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos