Native Houstonian found tied, dead in NYC apartment
HOUSTON -- A native Houstonian has been found killed in his apartment in New York City.
Charles Romo's housekeeper found him dead in his bed. The 48-year-old's hands had been tied. His face was covered in blood and a plastic bag was placed over his head.
Officers don't know what led up to his murder, but they are now reviewing surveillance video to see if they can see the killer.
Romo was originally from Houston and had not lived in his apartment in New York's Hamilton Heights neighborhood for long.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
new york city, local
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago
- Fire Safety