Native Houstonian found tied, dead in NYC apartment
HOUSTON -- A native Houstonian has been found killed in his apartment in New York City.
Charles Romo's housekeeper found him dead in his bed. The 48-year-old's hands had been tied. His face was covered in blood and a plastic bag was placed over his head.
Officers don't know what led up to his murder, but they are now reviewing surveillance video to see if they can see the killer.
Romo was originally from Houston and had not lived in his apartment in New York's Hamilton Heights neighborhood for long.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
new york city, local
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies 3 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos