Native Houstonian found tied, dead in NYC apartment
HOUSTON -- A native Houstonian has been found killed in his apartment in New York City.
Charles Romo's housekeeper found him dead in his bed. The 48-year-old's hands had been tied. His face was covered in blood and a plastic bag was placed over his head.
Officers don't know what led up to his murder, but they are now reviewing surveillance video to see if they can see the killer.
Romo was originally from Houston and had not lived in his apartment in New York's Hamilton Heights neighborhood for long.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
new york city, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases