Fresno County man killed in confrontation with Sheriff's deputy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Randall Davis, 51, was fatally shot Monday night by a deputy outside a home in the area of Belmont and Willow.
The Sheriff's Department says it got a call about a man who was acting suicidal. When a deputy arrived at the scene Davis approached him with a box cutter.
Authorities say Davis had already cut himself several times. They also say he rushed the deputy and threatened to kill him.
The deputy said he unsuccessfully tried to fire a shot at Davis and that's when Davis jumped on him. They said another deputy arrived, saw the struggle and shot Davis.
Both deputies are on administrative leave with pay.
Davis has been in trouble with the law in the past. He was convicted of a felony injury in 1996 and got a one-year sentence.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, fresno county sheriff department, officer involved shooting, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors 24 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 30 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 23 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos