Texas City boy approached by stranger at bus stop
HOUSTON -- Texas City authorities are warning students to be careful after a boy waiting for a bus reported that a man had tried to grab him.
It happened 7:10am Tuesday at a bus stop at the corner of 19th Street North and 1st Avenue North. A Kohfeldt Elementary student said a man approached him and grabbed him by the arm.
The Texas City Police Department thoroughly investigated the reported attempted abduction and their completed investigation concluded that the threat was unfounded. However, stranger danger is very real. Authorities remind parents to continue to talk to children about their personal safety.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 46 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times