Texas City boy approached by stranger at bus stop
HOUSTON -- Texas City authorities are warning students to be careful after a boy waiting for a bus reported that a man had tried to grab him.
It happened 7:10am Tuesday at a bus stop at the corner of 19th Street North and 1st Avenue North. A Kohfeldt Elementary student said a man approached him and grabbed him by the arm.
The Texas City Police Department thoroughly investigated the reported attempted abduction and their completed investigation concluded that the threat was unfounded. However, stranger danger is very real. Authorities remind parents to continue to talk to children about their personal safety.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos