Burning candle may be to blame for townhome fire
HOUSTON -- Firefighters say a candle may have started a townhome fire in southwest Houston last night.
The fire broke out at the townhome on Woodchase near West Park around 2am.
According to firefighters, say the people living in the unit where the fire broke out lit a candle on their nightstand and then fell asleep. That candle caught something in the room on fire.
Neighbors woke up to the sound of firefighters pounding on their doors.
"I looked and I came outside and saw all of these fire trucks and thought, 'Oh my Lord.' And then I looked around the corner and I saw the flames just coming out of one of the townhomes," said nearby resident Greg Forsythe.
Firefighters say the bulk of the damage was limited to just the one unit. Two other units did suffer some smoke and water damage.
Everyone made it out safely.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession 31 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station 49 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban 6 min ago
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC 14 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Easter Brunch recipe
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos