Local

Burning candle may be to blame for townhome fire

Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Tags:
local

Firefighters say a candle may have started a townhome fire in southwest Houston last night.

The fire broke out at the townhome on Woodchase near West Park around 2am.

According to firefighters, say the people living in the unit where the fire broke out lit a candle on their nightstand and then fell asleep. That candle caught something in the room on fire.

Neighbors woke up to the sound of firefighters pounding on their doors.

"I looked and I came outside and saw all of these fire trucks and thought, 'Oh my Lord.' And then I looked around the corner and I saw the flames just coming out of one of the townhomes," said nearby resident Greg Forsythe.

Firefighters say the bulk of the damage was limited to just the one unit. Two other units did suffer some smoke and water damage.

Everyone made it out safely.
___________________________________________________________

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices

(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Local »


Tags:
local
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement