Shots fired near Bullard High after basketball game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There were tense moments in Northwest Fresno after calls of gunshots just after the finish of the Bullard-Edison boys basketball game.
Police were initially unsure that a shooting had actually occurred, but before 11 p.m. investigators found a truck parked in a campus parking lot that had been hit by gunfire. Police say more shots were then fired in a nearby neighborhood.
Police say they were not able to locate a victim of the incident.
The shooting happened toward the end of the Bullard-Edison High basketball game. Spectators attending the game were briefly locked-down in the Bullard High gym but were soon allowed to leave.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, shooting, crimetracker, local, stephanie stone
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say 58 min ago
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest