Our Lady of Victory students prepare lunches for those in need
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News was in Central Fresno Wednesday morning when students with Our Lady of Victory Catholic school prepared bagged lunches for those in need.
The annual event is part of Catholic Schools Week.
Students take part in events that showcase the school's commitment and love for people in the surrounding community.
After several days of collecting items for bagged lunches, students spent the day making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and adding fruit and other food items.
Kids also made special cards for those who receive the bagged lunches.
"We're doing it because we like helping other people and we like um , we like doing this because its good and it's nice to help other people who are in need," student Francisco Cardinale said.
The food will go to Catholic Charities, which will hand out the meals.
Last year, Our Lady of Victory students made 150 bagged lunches. This year the goal is to make even more.
fresno, fresno county, charity, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos