Our Lady of Victory students prepare lunches for those in need
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News was in Central Fresno Wednesday morning when students with Our Lady of Victory Catholic school prepared bagged lunches for those in need.
The annual event is part of Catholic Schools Week.
Students take part in events that showcase the school's commitment and love for people in the surrounding community.
After several days of collecting items for bagged lunches, students spent the day making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and adding fruit and other food items.
Kids also made special cards for those who receive the bagged lunches.
"We're doing it because we like helping other people and we like um , we like doing this because its good and it's nice to help other people who are in need," student Francisco Cardinale said.
The food will go to Catholic Charities, which will hand out the meals.
Last year, Our Lady of Victory students made 150 bagged lunches. This year the goal is to make even more.
fresno, fresno county, charity, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season 56 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery's unexpected consequences: Uneven limbs 2 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident