Wind Advisory in effect for most of Houston area
HOUSTON -- Today will be very windy in the wake of last night's cold front. Wind Advisories in place for most of our area until 4pm.
Look for wind gusts in excess of 40mph at times. Red Flag Warnings for elevated fire danger are also in effect for our area until 6pm.
The combination of dry fuels, low humidity and gusty winds will allow any fires that get started to get out of control quickly.
Sunshine and seasonal temps will persist through Friday. We're back in the 70s over the weekend. Rain chances remain slim for the next week.
Take ABC13 weather and radar with you
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno 46 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash 38 min ago
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 3 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times