Wind Advisory in effect for most of Houston area
HOUSTON -- Today will be very windy in the wake of last night's cold front. Wind Advisories in place for most of our area until 4pm.
Look for wind gusts in excess of 40mph at times. Red Flag Warnings for elevated fire danger are also in effect for our area until 6pm.
The combination of dry fuels, low humidity and gusty winds will allow any fires that get started to get out of control quickly.
Sunshine and seasonal temps will persist through Friday. We're back in the 70s over the weekend. Rain chances remain slim for the next week.
Take ABC13 weather and radar with you
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 54 min ago
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy 49 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about