Person of interest named in Galveston homicide
GALVESTON, TX -- A person of interest has been identified in a murder case out of Galveston.
This past Saturday, Juan Navarro, owner of Panaderia Navarro Baker, was assaulted and his vehicle stolen from his business in the 3800 block of Broadway. Navarro was transported to UTMB, but later died from his injuries.
His vehicle was located near the intersection fo 37th and Avenue M the following day.
During the investigation, police say they determined Harold Norwood was in possession of Navarro's vehicle after the assault. A warrant was issued for his arrest for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
According to Galveston police, Norwood is a known violent felon. Anyone with information on where he may be is asked to contact the Galveston Police Department at 409-765-3702 or Crime Stoppers at 409-763-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges involving a minor 13 min ago
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno 41 min ago
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Fire Safety