Man arrested in SD in woman's Chicago window fall death
January 31, 2013 (ABERDEEN, S.D.) -- A South Dakota man accused of pushing a woman out of a third-floor window in Chicago is fighting extradition to Illinois to face a murder charge.
Twenty-nine-year-old Daniel Neasom, of Aberdeen, was arrested over the weekend in that city. The American News reports (http://bit.ly/XUOmSM ) he made a court appearance Wednesday and refused to voluntarily be returned to Illinois' Cook County. Neasom told the judge he wanted more time and mentioned the prospect of talking to an attorney.
Authorities will go through the legal process of forcing Neasom to be extradited. That could take as long as a month.
Neasom is accused in the death of Cynthia Barnes on July 23, 2011. Her body was found on a sidewalk and an autopsy concluded she died from injuries suffered in a fall.
The 39-year-old victim was found near 58th and Kedzie.
Police said at the time a 28-year-old man was also hospitalized with injuries suffered when he also fell from a third-floor window.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 39 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 7 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County...
32 min ago