PG&E workers hit; one pinned by vehicle
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff deputies said a man slammed his vehicle into three PG&E workers, pinning one worker between two vehicles.
The incident occurred at Marks and McKinley Avenues in West Central Fresno Friday around 2:30 p.m.
Sherriff's deputies said the driver of the Oldsmobile crashed his vehicle into three workers on purpose. One of the workers was pinned between the vehicle and his work truck.
Deputies said after the crash, the driver of the Oldsmobile was trying to pull the victim out of the wreckage and people nearby confronted him. Witnesses say the driver then attacked a woman who was trying to help the pinned PG&E worker.
One bystander then hit the driver of the Oldsmobile over the head with the blunt side of a hatchet, according to witnesses.
Fresno County Sherriff Sgt. Mike Severson said, "The driver was treated for injuries from when the bystanders were detaining him and he will be evaluated for drugs and alcohol."
The driver of the Oldsmobile is the only person facing charges at this time, according to the Sherriff's detectives.
Both the driver and the PG&E worker were taken to the hospital.
The Sherriff's Office said two of the three PG&E workers were not seriously injured and did not require medical treatment.
The PG&E worker who was pinned between the vehicles is at the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and is expected to survive.
fresno, fresno county, accident, local, rick montanez
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos