Judge suspended for allegedly watching porn in chambers
February 2, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) -- A Will County judge has been suspended without pay for sixty days for allegedly watching pornography on a computer in his court chambers.
Judge Joseph Polito was investigated by the Illinois Judical Inquiry Board. The board said there was no direct evidence it affected his work.
However, it said those actions brought disrespect to his office and violated court regulations.
Polito has also promised not to apply for reappointment when his current term expires.
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos