Bullard High School rallies for black history month
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students at Bullard High School in northwest Fresno kicked off black history month today with a special rally.
Student representatives joined together to plan cultural events for the month of February.
The idea is to provide high school students with education about African American heritage. Bullard High School Student Advisor Lisa Nichols said, "We're hoping that they will learn more about what black history month is about and learn more about what African Americans have contributed to this country."
Today's event was hosted by B95 Radio Standup Comedian, Andre Covington, and featured special guest appearances from several Fresno State fraternities and sororities.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified 55 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified 23 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies