Bullard High School rallies for black history month
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students at Bullard High School in northwest Fresno kicked off black history month today with a special rally.
Student representatives joined together to plan cultural events for the month of February.
The idea is to provide high school students with education about African American heritage. Bullard High School Student Advisor Lisa Nichols said, "We're hoping that they will learn more about what black history month is about and learn more about what African Americans have contributed to this country."
Today's event was hosted by B95 Radio Standup Comedian, Andre Covington, and featured special guest appearances from several Fresno State fraternities and sororities.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service 32 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender