Garbage rates may go up in North Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some North Valley residents may soon have to pay more for garbage services.
The city of Livingston sent these letters out today notifying residents of a proposed rate increase.
The typical single family currently pays about $22.
The price would go up to nearly $24 this year and to about 26-50 for the next four years.
A public hearing is planned for March 19th, and the new rates will take effect in May if the increase is approved.
north valley, economy, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 7 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 55 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case