Garbage rates may go up in North Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some North Valley residents may soon have to pay more for garbage services.
The city of Livingston sent these letters out today notifying residents of a proposed rate increase.
The typical single family currently pays about $22.
The price would go up to nearly $24 this year and to about 26-50 for the next four years.
A public hearing is planned for March 19th, and the new rates will take effect in May if the increase is approved.
north valley, economy, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos