Fresno DUI accident leaves man pleading guilty
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man charged in a drunken driving accident that killed the son of a prominent Fresno family has struck a deal that could soften his punishment.
Brian Cappelluti has agreed to plead "guilty" to two counts of driving under the influence as well as gross vehicular manslaughter.
He's charged in the crash that killed his friend, J.W. Pardini, and injured two other friends.
Last month members of the Pardini family asked that Cappelluti not serve jail time for killing their son.
Marian walker one of the passengers injured in the accident also wrote a letter saying she wants Cappelluti to avoid jail time.
He's scheduled to be sentenced next month.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety