Fresno DUI accident leaves man pleading guilty
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man charged in a drunken driving accident that killed the son of a prominent Fresno family has struck a deal that could soften his punishment.
Brian Cappelluti has agreed to plead "guilty" to two counts of driving under the influence as well as gross vehicular manslaughter.
He's charged in the crash that killed his friend, J.W. Pardini, and injured two other friends.
Last month members of the Pardini family asked that Cappelluti not serve jail time for killing their son.
Marian walker one of the passengers injured in the accident also wrote a letter saying she wants Cappelluti to avoid jail time.
He's scheduled to be sentenced next month.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'